Leading and Maintaining the Group
There are many aspects to the care and feeding of an Esperanto club. Whether you have formalized to the point of having officer elections or not, here are some tasks that may need to be fulfilled depending on the nature and structure of your club.
- Plan and announce regular meetings.
- Keep a list of members and other interested individuals and keep them informed.
- Listen to all members for their ideas, goals, concerns, etc. Learn what drives them.
- Have an internet presence.
- Provide regular news to the members.
- Enable communication.
- Welcome visitors and new members with a radically high level of friendliness and care.
- Follow-up with new members and visitors.
- Keep in touch with regional, national, and international events.
- Prepare for special events and projects.
- Maintain a positive attitude. Recognize achievements publicly. Thank often.
- Know your members and help them to achieve their own personal Esperanto goals.
- Have fun.